Wednesday, April 22, 2015

How Motherhood Has Changed Me


We are three days from celebrating Griffin’s 1st birthday.  In the same sense I am also celebrating my first year of motherhood.  I strongly believe that I became a mother the day Luke and I decided to start our family.  However, this is the first time I actually got to experience motherhood.
 
Photo//Abby Williams
Motherhood has changed me so much as a person.  I have learned to cherish every moment with Griffin.  There are so many first that will happen and every one of them I have cherished the memories.  Motherhood has taught me not to sweat the small stuff.  The house will get clean, eventually.  The dishes in the sink have been there for 3 days, but they will get done, eventually. 
 In the first few weeks of being home with Griffin I knew we would have visitors pop in and out and I always had to have my house clean, picked up, and make sure it was inviting.  As the weeks went on, I knew that the people were coming to visit my son, not my home.  I learned not to sweat it if I did not get a shower in and I learned how to concentrate on the joys of motherhood, stinky or not.
Motherhood has taught me to love life.  I have turned into an “outdoorsman” because that’s where my son loves to be.  I have learned to be more outgoing and talk to people that I don’t know.  I am still working on being more outgoing, but having Griffin is bringing me out of more shell more and more.
 
Motherhood has taught me to work harder than I have ever before.  It has taught me patience, structure, and love like I have never known before.  My life that I live and the way I look at it has changed because of motherhood. 
Motherhood has taught me to appreciate my mom and my mother in law a lot more because I now know the love they have for Luke and I. 
Motherhood has made me want to explore more than ever and to be able to show my son what the world has to offer.
 
My spirit has gotten stronger, I am more grateful, and I could not imagine what my life would be if I was not a mother.
 
I know motherhood suits me.  I feel it in my bones.  I know I was meant to be a mother.  I know I was meant to have the most rewarding, beautiful, and joyous thing a person can imagine.
My heart is so full and I will never forget my first year as a mother. 
Photo//Rachael Hughes

 

2 comments:

  1. Motherhood oops great on you, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I share many of the same sentiments. I never knew how much I would love being a mom. :)

    ReplyDelete