Today, I am excited to link up with Katie from The Campbell's with her Mouthwatering Mondays. This weeks topic is Summer Desserts.
I feel like during the summer I can eat my weight in fruit, and nothing says summer time like ripe crisp strawberries. If you have had rain for the past two weeks like we have and miss the sunshine, whipping up this quick and easy recipe will sure bring some brightness.
What You'll Need:
* 1 store bought angel food cake
* 3 cups vanilla pudding
* 24 ox. thawed strawberries, sliced with sugar added
* 16 oz. whipped cream
1. Tear angel food cake into medium pieces
2. Start layering cake, strawberries, pudding and whip cream into large Trifle bowl
3. Continue to layer until bowl is filled
4. Top dessert with layer of whip cream only and add fresh strawberries for presentation
5. Place in fridge for 4 hours before serving
This recipe is so quick and easy. There is plenty of room to "skinny" up this recipe for a more waist friendly dessert.
If you haven't already go link up with Katie and share your favorite summer time dessert and be sure to come back every Monday for more fun!