Hey friends! Monday is here and I feel like I have the Monday Blues. We had a great but packed weekend (Weekend Recap coming up Tuesday) and I just hate to see it end.
The best way to start off the week is with an awesome recipe linkup. This is the third week I've linked up for Mouthwatering Mondays and I already have a list full of new recipes to try out soon on Luke.
I never thought I would share a must have Mexican recipe. I have never enjoyed Mexican foods, but I am now on the bandwagon and I am a huge fan!
A co-worker brought this dish in for a retirement party a few weeks back and it is too delicious not to share. The recipe is simple and real quick to assemble everything.
What You'll Need:
* 1 package taco seasoning mix * 1 package cream cheese, softened
*1 can refried beans * 1 (16 oz) container sour cream
*1 (16 oz) jar salsa * 1 large tomato, chopped
*1 green bell pepper, chopped * 1 small head iceberg lettuce, shredded
* 1 (6 oz) can sliced black olives, drained
* 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1. In a medium bowl, blend the taco seasoning mix and refried beans. Spread the mixture onto a large serving platter.
2. Mix the sour cream and cream cheese in a medium bowl. Spread over the refried beans.
3. Top the layers with salsa. Place a layer of tomato, green bell pepper, green onions and lettuce over the salsa, and top with Cheddar cheese. Garnish with black olives