Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Something Borrowed: Wedding Link Up {Engagement Story}

Hey Friends!
 
This is our first post with the Something Borrowed Wedding Link-up and I am glad that you have stopped by.  Ashley and I are eager to start this monthly series with y'all and hope that you get some ideas that may be helpful.


we loved here.

 
 .
 
Before we dive into this series we have to start with the engagement!  You can't start planning a wedding (even though I did) before you get engaged! So, today we ask you to link up and share your engagement story. 
 
Before I share my engagement story, I am going to have to give a little back story first. 
 
 
 
On our very first date, we went to see a movie with another couple.  After the movie, we drove back to his family farm to ride around.  Half way through the ride, Luke stopped the car, turned up the music, and rolled down the windows.  We got out of the car and danced in front of the headlights.  He was definetly a smooth talker!

 
So, back to the engagement part.  One year and one day after our first date I came home during my lunch break to grab something to eat.  Luke was such in a good mood and smiling, but I still had no idea what was about to happen.  He told me to hop in the truck with him for a quick ride on the farm to look at a possible house sight.  With him being in real estate, this was not out of the norm for him, so I went along.  While he was driving, I was complaining the whole time knowing that I was going to be late going back to work (Boy do I feel silly now).
 
 
He had me get out of the truck and "walk the property with him" while showing me an ariel photograph of where a house or building could go.  He walked me to Our Spot.  The place where we had our first date, first dance, and first kiss.  I knew that was "the" spot but I still didnt think anything of it. 

He got down on one knee, told me that I was loved so much by him and that he wanted me to become his wife.  TEARS!!! Of course I squalled and couldnt hug him tight enough.  I didnt even get a close look at the ring until we were headed back to the house.  I was just so excited!
 
I was going to be able to spend the rest of my life with him.  The perfect guy for me!  The one whom God had for me.  My perfect Engagement!
 
 
Now....where to have the wedding and reception??
 
 
Be sure to come back next month on September 20th and link up your post on wedding venues!  I can't wait to see all of the ideas you gals have and be able to share some of the places that we looked into!


8 comments:

  1. This is super sweet! I love how he brought it back to your first date (isn't it great when guys remember the details?) : ) and how he surprised you. I was surprised for my engagement too, and it was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet engagement story! It's so cute that you guys had a special place with so much history and that was the place he chose to propose. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a sweet story! How nice that you have a special place that hold so many memories! Found your blog from the Wildcard Wed. link-up! Love it!
    Kelsea @ Overwhelmed by Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that he proposed in the same place you had your date! And I would also totally be irritated that I was going to be late getting back to work, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love hearing how others got proposed and how romantic and how unique the guy made it and all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a romantic! I love the story. :)

    Thank you for linking up to Super Sunday Sync.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I'm your newest Bloglovin follower from the link-up. : ) I look forward to reading your posts!

    Louisa @ My Family & Abruzzo

    ReplyDelete