Happy Monday Y'all! Hubs and I had another packed filled weekend. We were able to do nothing but lounge on Sunday which was amazing. Love days like that!
I'm linking up again with some ladies for Mouthwatering Mondays. This week we are sharing our favorite side dishes. I'm going to share a corn and black bean salad recipe today. This is a new favorite and I love the extra kick it gives to any main dish.
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 (15 1/2-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 large orange bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 small jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Add beans and remaining ingredients; toss well to coat. Cover and let stand 1 hour, tossing occasionally.
For me, the recipe calls for a lot of ingredients but the lack of preparation really makes up for that.
Cheers to a (hopefully) great week!