Monday, August 19, 2013

Mouthwatering Mondays: Recipe Link-up

 
 
Hey guys.  Its Monday, and you know what that means. Mouthwatering Mondays!!
This week the girls are asking everyone to share a breakfast for dinner recipe.  I call it Brinner!
I'm excited to share this Spinach Feta Omelette Recipe with you and maybe you can have it for Brinner this week!
 
source
 
Spinach Feta Omelette (makes 1 omelette)
 
What You'll Need:
1-2 ounces ready to eat cooking spinach
2-3 ounces crumbled feta
2 eggs
1 teaspoon water
1 teaspoon butter
 
Steps:
* Cook down spinach until soft for approximately 2-3 minutes and set to the side
* Crack two eggs into bowl
* Add 1 teaspoon water and whisk until yolks and whites are well blended
* Coat a non-stick pan with 1 teaspoon butter
* Before butter browns, add eggs to the pan
* Add cooked spinach and feta on top of the eggs immediately
* Cook 1-2 minutes, swirling the pan to loosen the eggs from the bottom (helps avoid burning)
 
After the omelet is cooked, it should slide out of the pan without a spatula.  There are endless possibilities for your brinner omelettes.  Feel free to spice things up a little and add your favorite hot peppers to the mix.  Yum!
 
Just like dinner you need some sides with Brinner.  I like to add fruit, home fries, or some oatmeal to make it extra filling. 
 
I wonder how many times I typed Brinner during this recipe?
 
Ha!
 
Hope you are able to have Brinner sometime this week and try this out!!

2 comments:

  1. Brinner is one of my favorite meals- after brunch :) And spinach feta omelets are my fave too! Would definitely love to tackle it at home- printing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids love breakfast for dinner! Thanks so much for linking up to All My Bloggy Friends last week - I hope you'll join us again tomorrow. I look forward to seeing what you've been working on this week! :)

    ReplyDelete