Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Just a Simple Thank You


"Somebody once said," To write well, you have to write what you know" we'll, here is what I know." Name that movie!  It's a quite from one of my all time favorites, Never Been Kissed.

It is honestly a quote that I go back to often. Before we started trying to conceive (TTC) I knew nothing about infertility, follicle growth, ovulation and all the infertility lingo that's out there. I was so nieve to think, "ok, I'm ready for a baby, lets make it happen!"

I wish it was that easy.

When I first started this journey I had so much that I had to learn and find out why my body was doing what it was doing; or not doing for that matter.

I had to learn about infertility before I could write about it.  Infertility is a hard thing to understand.  Unless you are going through it yourself or have someone close to you that is going through it, you will never really understand. There are a small handful of women that I know that have had to go through IUIs and IVFs to have their miracle child. Even though I understand what they are going through in some aspect, I will never know or understand what their journey is about.

Everyone's journey is unique to them.

When I decided to be so open and share what I was going through, I knew not everyone would understand. But, my hope was to share my journey and pray it touched one person.   Today I am happy to say that I have had numerous people get into contact with me, wanting to confide in me.
Some women I have never met while others I went to high school and college with.

My point of this post is to say Thank You to those who have reached out to me. Those who have shared their stories with me in hopes to have some encouragement. The fact that women will open up about such a personal thing is amazing. Hearing other people's stories is so therapeutic for me. Because this topic is so hush hushed it is such a relief to know that I am not alone.

I don't know if I've gotten to the point of writing well about infertility. I do know a lot about it. I do think about it all day every day. But am still learning daily.

Thank You ladies for all the support you have shown me.

2 comments:

  1. I think about you and Luke daily, and continue to pray that you'll have you're happy ending!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never Been Kissed is one of my favorites...

    And I too hope you have your happy ending. And it's so encouraging to know you've made a difference in even just one other's life. Keep sharing and listening and learning and journeying. God will continue to use you.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete