Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Mountain Vacation

Mountain Vacation

This past weekend we were able to head up to the mountains for a much needed vacation.  It was a quick weekend vaca but still wonderful.  Luke's grandparents live in the mountains and they have a beautiful home with a gorgeous view.
Luke's parents decided to rent a house/cabin for the weekend that was so nice.  I wish I took pictures of it.  The managers keep the place spotless.  We had a group of 8 in the house which made for an even better weekend.  I love having a large group of people together.  It is amazing what you can learn.
Anyhoo, Luke's grandfather hosts a Wildlife Exhibit with wonderful wildlife and information on the animal.  This is my 3rd year going to this and I always always enjoy it.

We were able to sit in on the raptor show and saw some amazing animals.  Sorry for the poor quality.  I was worried about using a flash.


Barn Owl


Barn Owl


Red Tail Hawk


Eagle


Eagle


It was pretty interesting how all the birds are "glove" trained.  Most of the birds that they had at the exhibit were either wounded or abandoned. 







It was a quick, relaxing, much needed small vacation for us.  It is just great to get away from things sometimes and breathe the fresh air!  Even though it is always good to get away there is no other place I rather be than with my husband and Ellie girl.  We were soooo excited to get her back!


Daily Tidbits:

- I have been craving a homemade apple pie for over a week now...and I don't even like apple pie.
I think I will try to make a homemade one in a couple of weeks.  I'm excited!

-I made my first "skinny" dinner tonight using a non-skinny recipe. I was worried about the taste but it was the bomb!

- Our Anniversary is a month away...I can not believe that it has already been a year.  So so thankful for him. 

- The above tidbit makes me what to do a picture blog everyday for the month of August from our wedding.

- Any fellow bloggers out there know why my pictures are turning out blurry?  They look fine on camera and I upload them here and....boooo!




No comments:

Post a Comment