Tuesday, July 24, 2012

First "Skinny" Recipe

With this new lifestyle I am going to have to learn to make "normal" food but make it healthier or "skinny".  I love pinning food recipes on Pinterest.  I see all this food that is high in fat, sodium, and sugar and I want to make it so bad!

Here is my first attempt at making a normal recipe "skinny."

The recipe calls for: (What I used to make it skinny)

4-6 Chicken Breast (I used tenders)
1 Can Green Beans (Rinse the beans several times and soak overnight in cold water---helps eliminate salt)
4-5 Potatoes (sliced)
Mrs. Dash Original Seasoning (I included this in the recipe)
Mrs. Dash Chicken Seasoning (I included this in the recipe)
1 pack of Italian Seasoning (I used half the pack)
1 stick of butter (I used Pam Original)


Pam Original, Mrs. Dash, Italian Seasoning

Green beans...any green veggie would work great





Spray baking pan with Pam and season the bottom of the pan with the Mrs. Dash seasoning.  Place chicken over that and add the green beans and potatoes.  Then spray Pam over the food generously covering the entire dish. 


Add Mrs. Dash seasonings and 1/2 pack of Italian Seasoning



Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 1 hour at 350 degrees.



I was surprised how much juice was in the bottom of the pan.  The chicken was tender and moist and great flavor.  Mrs. Dash does amazing stuff for my food!



 This was the original picture that I found on Pinterest.  Looks good huh?
This was not a hard dish to make "skinny" but it is a start.  Baby steps!  I wish I had a picture of what mine looked like after, but the hubs dug into it before I got the chance to.  We loved it!


Daily Tidbits:

-I'm still wanting that apple pie I can just taste it!

- Another 1.5 lbs lost this week!! What What!?

- Just because he is just too cute not to share...


Love him!!!
 


2 comments:

  1. II just to happened to accidentally clicking on your blog (from Mama Laughlin's) and I am so glad that I did! I saw this recipe on Pinterest and thought it looked so tasty! Next time take a picture and then pin it as "the skinny version!"

    What part of the South are you in? I live in Georgia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea Danielle. Dont you love Mama Laughlin's blog. Such an inspiration! I am in Anderson, SC.

    ReplyDelete