Thursday, January 29, 2015

Behind RSG


Did you ever want to know a little more about what goes on behind Raising Southern Grace?  Keep reading to find out.

 

-How did you decide on the title of your blog?- 

I have had two different names prior to Raising Southern Grace.  I decided to change right after I had my son and I knew I wanted a name that would be the “it” name from here on out.  I am from the south, hence the Southern portion of the name and I am raising our son, Griffin.  Graces comes from a background of always being taught to remember who you are and to always be kind.  I always want to teach my son and future children to have grace in the different situations life sends.

-What do you love the most about blogging?-
 

There are a ton of things that I enjoy and love about blogging.  My number one is being able to look back at posts about my son or our home and remember what was going on.  This has quickly become a hobby of mine and I love the idea of it being a scrapbook for our family.  The second is the relationship with the other bloggers.  Most of which are in a different state and we would not of connected otherwise.

-Where does your blog inspiration come from?-


I get my inspiration for posts through daily happenings.  My sweet boy is always giving me something to write about and I am officially “that mom” who talks about her kid all.the.time.  No apologizes here.

-In your opinion, what is the best blog post you’ve written so far?- 

By far my favorite post is my 2014 Year in Review.  I am a sentimental type and I love being able to go back and see (all in one post) what was going on.  

-How do you find the time to keep up with all the aspects related to blogging (posting, reading, commenting, responding, etc)?-

Is this job ever done?  I usually write at night after Griffin goes to sleep.  This is usually my “Me” time and it allows me to wind down.  As far as commenting, I do my very best to comment back.  I read most of my blogs while getting ready in the morning.  One hand is on the hairdryer and the other hand is scrolling through Blogger and reading what I missed the day before.  

-Does your family know about your blog and does this affect what you blog about?- 

Yes my family knows about the blog.  It is not something that we have conversations about but I know my family reads.  Who wouldn’t read about a cutie named Griff, anyway?  When I write I honestly don’t think about who is going to read this.  I don’t censor myself because I write for me.  There are some things I keep private but other stuff is open game.

-If you didn't blog, what would you be doing with that time?- 

I usually get all my house work duties finished in one day, so if that is done I would probably be watching trash  reality TV.  Real World and any Housewives show is my TV addiction at the moment.

-Have you been in a blogging rut and how did you pull yourself out of it?- 

Yep! This usually results in me not blogging.  I still keep in touch and read other blogs but there are times when it doesn’t feel right to write.  Not now though! I love posting at least three times a week.

-Show some blog love: name another blog that you adore.- 

OOOOO, you need to check out this post!

-What's your favorite social media outlet for sharing your blog posts?-

I always posts on Instagram (sydedwards22) and Facebook (Sydney Edwards).  It depends on the post but some of them will go on Pinterest.  

Hope your Thursday is wonderful!


Thoughts for Thursday

2 comments:

  1. Fun post, lady! I love learning more about everyone's writing process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I read blogs when I'm getting ready in the morning too! It's a fun way to get a little "me" time before the work day starts!

    ReplyDelete