Friday, February 24, 2012

This Guy...


 


This guy has been on my mind a lot lately.




This is the guy I call Daddy.  He will never be Dad...always Daddy.  Today, was hopefully the last time he would have to go to his radiation appointments.  My Daddy has renal cell carcinoma of the lung. 

About a year and a half ago, he had a wedge removed from his lung where the larger tumors were.  After recovering surgery he started chemo.  Chemo wasnt doing the job, so 3 weeks ago he started radiation therapy.  Hopefully, no more after today.

I was so blessed with the childhood that I had.  My dad was able to be with us everyday after my brother and I got home from school.  He took us to all of our after school activities. Which were a bunch.    When I was out in public with my Dad, people would always think that he was my Grandfather.  I would always quickly let them know that he was NOT!  He is the best Daddy anyone could ask for.




My family and I styling in our German Lederhosen

Such a Daddy's girl



"Flying" over mountains in Alaska







Did I mention he is adventurous...

Yep, thats him...skydiving



and Strong!!
This is Daddy on my wedding day.  I think he was ready to woop up on someone and leave nothing left than a greasy spot.





I love this man... ( and of course my other family members)

No comments:

Post a Comment