Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Story of Us: From Ms. to Mrs.

WARNING!! This post will contain lovey-dovey content.  I love LOVE!!

Ok, so since February is the month of love, red, and pink, I decided to link up with I Love You More Than Carrots and do a post about the Mr. and I. So, here we go!


The story of us. 



1.How long have you and your significant other been together?

Luke and I started dating back on April 20, 2010. It was love at first sight....for him! <3 From that day, we have honestly seen each other everyday.  How wonderful that was!

2.How did you meet? (What’s your love story)

Our love story begins just like every other love story.  L came riding up on a horse and was a knight in shining armor. Okay okay. No armor or horse was involved, but he was CHARMING.  Luke owns his own Real Estate Company and came into my place of employment to inquire about some property in our area.  Of course I noticed his arms personality first.  He seemed to be very outgoing and talkative, which was attractive since I can be a little on the shy side.  Later on I looked him up on Facebook.  He says I stalked him, but little did I know he was looking for me and just couldnt find me. Through Facebook, we exchanged numbers and began texting/talking.  Our first date was a double date to the movies. We watched Death at a Funeral which was a pretty funny movie and I soon found out that his laughter is so contagious.  After the movie, we went back to his place and he took me on a ride through his family's land. I had such an amazing time. 
**When he took me back home, the first thing I told my Mom was that it was the best first date I've ever been on.  I think L fell in love that night!

3. If married, how long have you been married?

Luke and I married on August 27, 2011.  At the end of this month, we will be married 6 WONDERFUL months.  The saying "Time flies when your having fun" is so so true.  These last 6 months have flown by.  Im so greatful for the time that I have with L.  

Mr. and Mrs. E

4. If you are married, where did you get married at Big or small wedding?

We got married in L's home town and at his home church.  We were both members of a Methodist Church prior to us getting engaged.  L's church held more people, so we chose to have the ceremony there.  We had a little less than 300 people at our wedding.  With us both growing up in fairly small towns, we got to know a lot of people.  We were so blessed to have the people that love and care about L and I to share in such a special day for us.


5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another?  Do Share!!

I have a few nick-names for L.  A few are hun, babe, sweetcheeks (dont ask me where that came from) and love. I also refer to him as "daddy" when our Poodle, Ellie is involved.  Oh how we love Ellie.
L has a few names for me as well.  Mostly I get called sweetheart, hun, and Syd. 

This is our Sweet little Ellie. Cant you tell she loves fashion?!

6.Name 3 things you love most about your honey.

The number one thing I love about L is his heart.  He has the one of the best hearts of anyone I know.  He is so caring and loving.  He is also very family oriented. 

7. Tell us how he proposed?

L proposed where we had our first dance.  On our first date, I mentioned we rode around on the family farm.  After riding around for a few, L stopped the car..turned on some music...rolled down the windows...and asked me if I wanted to dance.  So, we danced in front of the car...yes it was magical. ;-)  So, the day he proposed he took me on a ride again, and we got out of the car...and proposed.  I wish I had a picture of that very special moment.

This was our Anniversary picnic.  Yes, we had PB&J and Grapes


This picture was taken on our One Year Anniversary picnic.  We were engaged a day later.
8. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?

Honestly, as a couple we are a pop a movie in and relax with each other on the couch.  If we were on vaca somewhere nice and special, a sunset dinner would be wonderful.

9. Show us a picture of what love means to you.


Yep...thats love! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment