Monday, June 20, 2016

Father's Day Weekend 2016

I have said this before, but this was definitely a weekend for the books.  As a family we are so busy during the week with work, meetings, gym, house stuff, and other errands that we really rely on the weekends to unwind and really spend some good quality family time.  It is something I will never take for granted. 

This guy right here.  I love how he loves our boys and is just the best Dada. 




We started off Father's Day weekend with just Luke and I on Friday and we had a day date.  This never happens, so it was a nice treat for us both.  I made a surprise reservation for us at a Brazilian Restaurant.  Not counting the chicken hearts that were offered to us, the lunch was amazing!  We will defiantly be heading back there.  After lunch we both took a nap.  Again, something that never happens and it was much needed.
After we got the boys from school that afternoon, I...I mean the boys couldn't wait to give Dada one of his gifts.  The boys gave Luke a "Dad" shirt that has some of the most perfect adjectives to describe their Dad. 

Saturday, Luke had some one on one time with Coleman which Griffin and I snuck away for a little date.  I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger and take Griffin to go see his first movie, Finding Dory.  I hope zero expectations and was okay if we had to leave the movie over.  He isn't one to sit still for long so I had no clue how he would do.  After having Finding Nemo on repeat at the Edwards house for the past few weeks I was excited for a little change up.  Griffin shocked me.  He never moved.  He either sat in his own seat or in my lap.  He didn't say a word and if he did he whispered.  If you know my son personally, then you know the kid goes nonstop and never is quiet.  He loved every bit of the movie.  If you haven't seen it, go!  Its adorable.

Sunday we were able to share yet another Father's day with Luke.  This is such a special day and we enjoyed spoiling Dada all weekend long.  We are so very blessed for this guy and I couldn't ask for a better role model for our boys. 




A special Happy Father's Day to these wonderful men as well.  My daddy, brother, father-in-law, and brother-in-law.  You are all loved so much by us.
Father's Day is always bitter sweet for me.  Or at least it has been for the past 4 years.  My Daddy got to spend his Father's Day in heaven for the fourth year in a row.  Although I would love to be selfish and have him back here, I know he is rejoicing with his Father.  Love you Daddy.  Miss you so.

No comments:

Post a Comment