Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Miracle in the Making


A few days ago I gave you all a sneak peak at a little surprise. And by little surprise, I mean in the form of a 7lbs 3 oz beautiful baby boy.

 
 
In May 2013 I had a miscarriage after several months of infertility treatments.  After our loss we decided that we should take a month or two off before we dove right back into treatments.  Our first month back were were successful in obtaining a pregnancy.  When I called my favorite fertility nurse, Meghan, she didn't believe me.  She assumed by HCG shots where still in my system.  To both of our surprise, I was Pregnant!!
 
The next day was my wedding anniversary and I was able to share with my husband our great news.  What a way to celebrate love huh?
 
 


 



My pregnancy was awesome!  I had worries of the horrible headaches, the nausea, and just the daily aches. None of that was ever present.  I loved being pregnant, and actually miss it at times.





 
Because of some elevated blood pressure at the weeks went by, I was induced at 39 weeks.  My doctor had a feeling that it would end in a c-section, but he wanted to give my body a change to deliver naturally.  After an epidural, 24 hours of labor only to be dilated to 2 cm; only for my epidural to fall out and feel the most horrific pain ever, I was beyond ready to hand in the towel and ask for a c-section.  They quickly wheeled me to the OR, gave me my spinal...and the rest, well, made us a family of three.
 

 



 
 
I can't wait to share with you how much our little guy has grown. 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! I love your story. I had a similar experience - I found out I was pregnant the week before I was supposed to have surgery to figure out why I wasn't getting pregnant. So amazing! Now our little boy is due in 6 weeks (or less) and it's just hard to believe. So happy for you, and your new family of three!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, your adorable and he is precious! He is so tiny! I'm glad everything worked out and you both are healthy. I hope you guys are having a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete