Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Five Month Favorites

 
 
As a new Mama, I am always looking to see what Griff might like or need in the months ahead.  Since my little is already 5 months old, I thought it would be fun to share some of our favorites this month.
 
 


 
 
Monthly Favorites
 
             5. Aden + Anais Blankets / 6. Feel and Learn Book / 7.Exersaucer 
 
 
Elephant Lovie-  Let's be honest.  This is HIS favorite!! Griffin can be a Mr. Grumpy Gills at night and if I lay this over his cheek, he is back to his happy self.  This is a life saver for long car rides or if we are out to eat, he has something to snuggle with.  Added bonus is that his lovie is an elephant, because we know Mama loves her elephants. 
 
Boon Flar Highchair-  Since Griffin started eating Rice Cereal, I wanted him to get use to eating at the table with us at dinner time.  After researching highchairs, I knew I wanted to go with the Boon.  My number one favorite is that there are no cracks and no crevices. I don’t have to worry about every little crumb falling in the cracks and making it hard to keep clean or for it to even look clean.  I love the sleek look and the changeable cushion (in different colors) that can be thrown in the wash.  It adjusts easily for a growing baby and lifts to the exact height I need to fit our kitchen table.  The boy loves it!
 
Gerber Rice Cereal-   A new food was added to Griff’s formula at 4 months.  It basically took him a whole month to really love it.  Now, if I don’t feed it fast enough, he has learned to hit the top of his highchair.  I think teaching him the sign for more is in his near future.  This is a definite favorite of my big boys.
Elephant Teether-   Of course, another elephant and is known as Peanut in our house.  I swear he has been teething since he was 2 months old.  We’ve got the drool and the red gums, but just waiting on those teeth to push through.  Peanut is a life saver and Griff loves to chew on his ears.  It’s soft, flexible, and easy for him to grab with his tiny hands.  It is great small on the go toy too.  We like the price of it as well because I don’t believe in spending $34 on a Sophie Giraffe.
Aden + Anais Blankets-  If you dont have at least one of these blankets, hit the door runing and get you some.  These breathable muslin blankets are amazing.  We use these blankets to swaddle, for carseat covers, for tummy time, and for burp cloths.  All the ingredients to make a baby burrito is always a plus. Since the boy likes to cover his face at night, I dont worry about these breathable blankets being by his side.  Very versitle and we fell in love with these.
Feel and Learn Book- I love how the book is filled with different materials for my little to explore.  Every page inclues tactile features with crinkles sounds and two teethers at the end. 
Exersaucer- We love the safari theme because it has a cute little elephant head that makes noises.  It has several developmental toys to help with his fine motor skills too.  The rattler and teether are bonuses.  His feet aren't able to touch the floor just yet, but a pillow underneath seems to be doing the trick.
 
I call these our five month favorites, but seriously some have been favorites from day one...aden +anais!
What are some of your monthly favorites? 
What should I be on the lookout for months 6-12?
 
 
 
 



 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment