Friday, August 31, 2012

Anniversary Trip

Well we are back, and a day early I might add. Hurricane Isaac was on it's way and the Charleston/Myrtle Beach area were going to get hit by lots of rain.  We got home just in time to hear that downtown Charleston was flooded.  Good thing we left when we did, huh?

So, we had an amazing Anniversary vacation.  We haven't had a vacation on our own since our Honeymoon in Jamaica last year.

We started the vacation by going to Charleston to walk through downtown and go through the market since Hubs had never done it.




We called one of Luke's best friends who lives in Charleston and he gave us a bike tour around downtown and through The Battery in Charleston.




Once we finished touring and walking around Charleston, we drove to Myrtle Beach to spend the week. The weather was disappointing, however if gave us time to check out the new mall and just relax in the room. Always a silver lining right?

Once the Sun decided to show up, we went on a Historical Light House/ Beach tour in Georgetown.  This was the main thing that Hubs wants to do.

 
 
 
 
 
Midway through the tour we stopped at a private beach for about a hour.  The beach was covered with huge Conch Shells and Starfish.  


Sandy Beach for Miles
 
Isn't he a cutie!

 
One of the major reason I wanted to stay in Myrtle Beach is because it was close to Murrels Inlet.  I love Murrels Inlet and wanted to show Hubs around.  It was his new favorite place to walk about and have dinner most nights!

Notice a pattern?  I happen to always be on the left side
 

 
 
 

 

Being it was our Anniversary we were able to try out our topper from our wedding cake.  We were actually surprised how moist the cake was.  However, only a small taste was all we could handle.
 

 
We were able to enjoy the beach for 2 days thanks to the weather clearing up. Of course Hubs and I had to have a GUN SHOW before we left...I won! Of course!
 
We had a great vacation, but it is always good to come back home.  We have been home a few days now...and I am still in vacation mode.  Isn't that how it works?
 
Hopefully by next week I will be back in my normal routine and have some new skinny recipes for y'all!
 
 


 
 

2 comments:

  1. new follower here through the blog hop and I'd love for you to come check out my blog and follow along as well :):)

    http://braceface87.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an awesome little trip for you guys! I know I love going away with just me and my husband...most trips do end up being visits to family, though!

    ReplyDelete